GNOME community study
GNOME is a desktop environment which is composed entirely of free and open-source software and targets to be cross-platform, developed by The GNOME Project, which comprises both volunteers and paid contributors.
- During Guadec Hispana 2013 we presented a brief analysis of GNOME community based on activity on the source code management
- [Update: Oct. 24, 2014] For GUADEC Hispana 2014, Bitergia has built an updated Grimoire dashboard based on updated UI components, like a search box for making easier to find information about developers or companies, and new analysis views like activity by time zones
OpenStack releases reports
OpenStack is one of the best known open cloud projects with a solid base of companies, and currently the OpenStack Foundation is one of our customers. We have done several analyses focused on how much are contributing those companies and a comparison between releases. The list of publications is (from newest to eldest):
- OpenStack Juno release:
- OpenStack Icehouse release:
- (Apr. 2014) Synced with Icehouse release, we have released its technical report
- Updated blog post about Icehouse release activity and organizations
- Blog post showing some preliminary results
- OpenStack Havana release:
- OpenStack Grizzly release:
- OpenStack Folsom release:
- OpenStack Essex release:
- (April 2012) Essex release report
Mozilla Webmaker development activity dashboard
Mozilla Webmaker is Mozilla’s educational initiative to “help millions of people move from using the web to making the web”. As part of some conversations with the Mozilla Foundation metrics team, Bitergia has built a development activity dashboard about Webmaker community with data up to October 2014.
Joomla development community activity preview
Joomla is one the most used free and open-source content management systems (CMS) for publishing web content. Released in 2005, we have built a basic dashboard about its development community activity up to October 2014 in source code management, issue tracking and even in documentation on their mediawiki instances. Added to this, we are also releasing a preview of a search box in the Grimoire dashboard, making easier to find developers and companies information.
Bitergia is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla Project or Open Source Matters. The Joomla logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.
KDE Grimoire Dashboard
KDE is an international free software community producing an integrated set of cross-platform applications designed to run on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Microsoft Windows, and OS X systems. During Akademy 2014, Bitergia presented the Grimoire Dashboard for KDE.
GENIVI Alliance report
The GENIVI Alliance is a non-profit consortium whose goal is to establish a globally competitive, Linux kernel-based operating system, middleware and platform for the automotive in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) industry. We have worked on a preliminary report to have an overview of the community development activity.
Forges Studies: FusionForge and Allura
The Wikimedia Foundation is a non-profit organization. Under its umbrella there are several projects, but the most famous initiative is the free/open source wiki Wikipedia. On November 2012 we have done a report and analysis focused on the Wikimedia project. Information from the versioning system, mailing lists and the bug tracking system was retrieved. More information can be found at the Wikimedia analysis blog post. Currently, Wikimedia Foundation is one of our customers